Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quick Trip, HUGE savings! Couponing Tip!


I had to run some errands and pick up a couple of things. My trip took me directly next to Walmart so it was there I decided to shop. Some time ago I received a pair of Schick Hydro coupons, one for a free razor (up to $10.99) and a $2 off of refills. I noticed that Walmart had these gift sets on sale for $9.97 so I decided to see if my coupon would work for my set. Lo and behold, it did. Score one free gift set!

Since I also needed diapers, I decided to take advantage of Walmart's price matching program rather than run around. (Plus my CVS is always out of these diapers when they are on sale!) We are working on potty training but traditional Pull ups are too big for my little guy. Huggies Slip Ons fit perfectly and work just like a Pull up. They are on sale this week at CVS for $8, Walmart had them priced at $9.47. All I had to do was tell the cashier that they were on sale at CVS and the price and she did the rest. I added in a $2 off Little Movers coupon from a Sunday circular and got this pack for $6. While not a super, amazing, stock up price, it's still not a bad price at all.

The lesson behind this little trip is that it never hurts to ask. Ask if the coupon you have is good for a similar item or that item packaged with another. Ask for price matching, Walmart advertises openly that they price match, it's on every register, other stores may do so quietly. Don't be shy when it comes to saving money!

Recap:
1 Schick Hydro 5 blade Gift Set $9.97
1 Jumbo Pack Size 4 Huggies Little Movers Slip on Diapers $9.47
(= 20.75 with tax for shelf prices)

-$9.97 Schick Hydro coupon
-$1.47 Walmart's price matching program
-$2 Huggies Little Movers Manufacturer's coupon

GRAND TOTAL:  $6.40 (including tax)
A savings of 69%

No comments:

Post a Comment