Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year, Frugal Reflections...



Well, it's a new year and I noticed that my writing here has slacked off as much as my couponing has in real life. I suppose that would be a damning admittance for some, but I'm all right with not being perfect. I can live with not being THE premier frugal living blogger on the internet. Why, you ask? Well, firstly, like the rest of you, I have other pulls for my time. I would love to write 24 hours a day 7 days a week and fill my blog with amazing, never before seen, unique ways to get ample use out of each and every penny, I really would, but I have a family to feed, a house to clean, and other obligations. In short, I'm just like the rest of you.

I didn't give up the idea of frugal living, for one, I can't, it's necessary for our life and it's something that I have always done. It's my lifestyle. I didn't stop couponing altogether, I just became lax on getting my coupons and clipping them, organizing them, and being diligent about bringing my binder when I shopped. That doesn't mean that I didn't still use them to score excellent deals on holiday gifts, it just means that sometimes I set foot inside a store without a coupon. A few of you may be clutching your pearls in shock, the rest of you are nodding in agreement because you've been there.

I am toying with the idea of reformatting this blog a bit. There are hundreds of sites where you can find out which coupons are coming this weekend. Legions of places to find match ups before you shop. I know, I look at them too. I will still include these things from time to time, and I will happily link you to the sites I use and love. I would like to see myself doing more local explorations and finding ways for families and members of this community to enrich their lives without spending a fortune doing so. I also intend to do a series of simple ways to get back into the swing of things. I had a period of time where my life became to overwhelming for me to do much more than simply survive and it is hard to get the rhythm of anything back on track, let alone frugal living.

In short, I am getting back into saddle here. I have some ideas and plans and am always open to suggestions from my readership! I enjoy writing, couponing, and finding cheap ways to enrich my life, sharing it with readers is a special bonus. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment